Senior Recognition 2017 Reporting:
Please share with us ANY information you have regarding college scholarships, awards, recognitions by organizations, etc that we should report at graduation. You may fill out a form for each scholarship as it is awarded to you even if you do not plan to attend that college. Forms are in the front office and attached at the bottom of this page. Once you complete the form submit it to guidance! The deadline for all reporting will be May 12, 2017.
Senior Transcript Requests:
To request your transcripts be sent to a college please go to the Guidance page of the school website and click on the button at the top of the page that says ORDER MY TRANSCRIPT. This directs you to our custom transcript ordering site where you will register and request your transcript. Remember to request your transcripts be sent by Gulf Coast State College if you have taken any DE classes. In addition to your High School transcripts, most colleges will want official transcripts from GCSC showing the college level courses you took which you must request from Gulf Coast State College. ****If you have taken any Dual Enrolled classes make sure you request transcripts from Gulf Coast as well. Your college will want official transcripts from GCSC even though the classes are on your High School transcripts. If you do not request transcripts from GCSC it may hold up your acceptance and your acceptance status may show that you are missing transcripts even though they have your High School transcripts.
If you have not signed up to take the SAT or ACT you need to sign up ASAP! Colleges will need your scores with your applications. You also need these scores for Florida Bright Futures Scholarships!
Our School Code to register for SAT/ACT is : 102382
Bright Futures information may be found here: http://www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/ssfad/bf/.
College Application Process
Common Application Colleges at http://www.commonapp.org – if you are applying to a college that uses the Common Application, then we require that you submit you application using the common application and the online submission process. This process works in this way:
1. You open an account at http://www.commonapp.org. Follow all directions carefully.
2. Complete all information thoughtfully, completely, and accurately.
3. You will be asked for your counselor’s email address. Use ONLY the following:
o Ms. Sklarski: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Your counselor will complete the online High School Report Form and will electronically send your transcript.
5. For teacher recommendations, put your teacher’s email address where requested, and notify that teacher at least 2 weeks before the due date. Teacher email addresses can be located on the school website.
Out of State Public Colleges and Private Colleges that do not use the Common App – these colleges’ application process might include some or all of the following:
Your online application – complete at the collanscript -Click on the TRANSCRIPT button on the guidance page.
A Counselor’s Report Form – sometimes called the High School Report Form. You must print this and BRING it to your counselor. The only exception would be if the college asks for the counselor’s email and sends the form to the counselor directly – this should be clear in the directions the college gives you. This form will be mailed with the transcript unless submitted online.
Teacher Recommendation Forms – You must print these and BRING them to your teachers. The only exception would be if the college asks for the teachers’ emails and sends the forms to the teachers directly – this should be clear in the directions the college gives you. When requesting a recommendation from a teacher, be sure to complete this form and give it to her/him.
College Application Essays – Your essay is a very important component of your application. It is important that you clearly understand the prompt, or what they are asking you to write. Once you have a working draft of an essay, you should show it to your English teacher. Writer’s block is very common when having to approach an essay about yourself
Senior Graduation Dress Code
- Black Dress Pants, Belt
- White Dress Shirt- Button down with long sleeves.
- Tie- Standard tie in navy, black, or dark gray. NO bow ties.
- Black Dress Shoes- No flip flops or sneakers.
- Dress- length should be to the knee to 5” above the knee.
- Black or Nude dress shoes- no flip flops, no sneakers.
- If earrings are worn, they must be small in mettalic, black, or pearl.
Caps and Gowns
Caps must be worn parallel to the ground
Gowns: Students with approved Honors Regalia will have additions to the gown
Absolutely NO other objects should be added to the graduation gown or cap
Approved Honors Reaglia
- Honor Stole- NHS,4.0+ GPA Top Ten, Valedictorian, Salutatorian
- Honor Chords- Beta,Nths,Military,Sail,Tri-m,SGA,Capstone
- Pins- Honor pins awarded at Senior Rec for Academic honors only
- Medals – NBH HIGH HONORS, High academic honors and Hall of Fame medals only
The Dress Code Applies To All Events:
Tuesday, April 25~ Senior Awards
8:30- 10:30am at the Hiland Park Baptist
Friday, May 19~ Senior Recognition/ Graduation Practice
8:30- 9:30am Breakfast at NBH Gym
10:00am walk through Graduation practice at First Baptist Church
3:30-4:30pm report to Highland Park Baptist Church for Senior Rec practice
4:30pm doors open
5:00pm Senior Recognition at Highland Park Baptist
Tuesday, May 23~ Graduation
Senior letter 3- April 2017